Tuesday 4 September 2012

For you reading pleasure.


I have to admit that if i'm having a morning of not doing very much of anything or just killing time (or generally chugging along on a one way train to procrastination station) I always like to curl up and have a a little catch up on some of my favourite blogs.

Ever since I was a teenager i've been partial to a magazine or two and have fond memories mostly of (giggling at) the problem pages of J17 and Sugar. As i've grown up I've moved onto fashion magazines and gossip columns, but recently i've come to despise the endless advertising and meaningless so-called-news about whatever celebrity has stepped out of a car with no knickers on this time. And that, my friends, is why I love a good blog, you can skip through the crap, connect with like minded people, block the adverts and you really can find hundreds of glorious pages dedicated to your few chosen passions with no page wastage or contrived celebrity nudity to be seen. (unless of course that's your thing and in that case, i'm sure there's a whole world of blogs dedicated solely to celebrities 'accidental' exposure for your endless perusal)

So, I thought i'd share with you a few links to just a few of my favourite blogs that I regularly catch up on and some of the ones that I find most inspirational.  They're mostly craft, baking, fashion and D.I.Y  related (or a mixture of all of these things), but have a little flick through the link below and see what you think.





Design Sponge was one of the first blogs i started reading on a regular basis. It has everything my heart desires: before and after home and furniture make overs, craft tutorials (check out these awesome D.I.Y lamp above), recipes and travel. I always find it really inspiring if i'm stuck for ideas and it's a great place to start looking for up-cycling inspiration and cool projects for your home. (Warning: I am not responsible for the hundreds of lost hours of deep Design Sponge joy that may ensue upon exploring this blog)


Quiltish:



Quiltish is a super cute blog by Allisa Jacobs. She makes gorgeous make-up bags (like the ones pictured above), wedding favours and clutches out of brightly printed textiles and she also posts loads of clever craft tutorials as well. She regularly creates great posts on running a small business and is the writer of an awesome little e-book called 'Rise and shine: Making your Mark on the Creative World'. I've got it on my Kindle and it's a great read if you're thinking of or you're already running your own handmade business.


Decor8:



'Fresh finds, inspiring interiors and ideas for creative living.' is how Decor8 describes itself and it's not wrong. Hollie Becker shares creative ideas covering every subject from decorating to food to art to nature. My favorite things about this blog are the lovely, personal way that Holly writes and the totally dreamy styling. She has also collaborated on a book, 'Decorate: 1000 Design Ideas for Every Room in your Home' which is currently taking pride of place on my Amazon wish list. In a nutshell, it's the kind of blog that makes you feel so inspired that you just want to tear your flat apart and start from scratch every time you visit. (well, maybe that's just me!)




This amazing statement jewellery (love the unique colour combination used on  the necklace above) is designed and handmade in Chicago by 'Cursive Design', otherwise known as Sarah Fox. As well as designing mouthwateringly fun over sized jewellery with original colours and textures to die for, she also keeps her fans updated via the Cursive blog. She mainly shows readers her work in progress, new jewellery lines and documents fashion outfits and ideas. It's a very clean, modern looking blog and it really showcases Sarah's awesome eye for colour and style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment